Youth Characters Conduct
The Alliance fully welcomes and encourages youth players!
All players behind the screen must be 18+
The following rules apply to NPCs as well.
- No youth may be around sexual content or nudity. No exceptions. Likewise, people aren’t supposed to be having random sex in the street or where youth might be around. Youth must remain clothed at all times. Adults, do not change clothes near a youth. Sex and nudity are only permitted in the bathhouse, brothel, privately rented tavern rooms, and private homes. We ask that ERP is kept to IMs or a private channel.
- Off-limits areas for youth include bathhouses, the Tangle, and brothels. This includes anywhere that sexual content or nudity is taking place. Youth characters may be allowed in the Tangle with an adult character. This adult must be the child’s guardian in character. An out-of-character guardian will not suffice. No NPC supervision. Children are allowed in the Ssa’s Nuw.
- Young characters are not permitted on adult furniture even in privately rented homes. If a youth avatar is seen using sex/adult animated items they will be banned, as well as any adults who consented to the child’s presence.
- Young characters must have an “Youth” tag at all times. Using the HUD, please click the main large button, then “Characters” then “Youth” to toggle the Youth tag.
- Pregnancy is sped up. To keep things consistent… 1 week in SL = 4 weeks in RL. A required 9 weeks minimum must be lived out before giving birth to maintain realism. Should your character lay eggs rather than give birth, you must carry the egg within you for a reasonable amount of time, then tend it for the remainder of the 9 weeks after laying it (ie Carrying it with you, having it in a nest, etc.)
- Youth become 18 at the racial equivalent. If your character’s race matures at 3 years old, they jump to 18.
- Youth are not forced to age up. Take as long or as short as you like to be a youth. However, as the Alliance is moving forward in real-time you must have an in-character reason for why your character is aging slower or faster.
- Respect preferences. If someone isn’t comfortable RPing with youth, or comfortable with OOC ‘toddler’ speak, please respect their preferences. There will always be someone able or willing to RP with you and chat OOCly, including the sim owners.
- The OOC chat and discord are 18+ though we do not allow explicit sexual content.
- Act your species and age. A toddler won’t be speaking like an adult. A drow won’t be as flighty as a fae.
- We allow orphans but they must enroll with a caretaking facility until adopted. In Novus, this would the Order. In Astrium, this is the Children’s Home. Children above the age of 13 may join most guilds. Thieves are at 16.
- Hypnosis and magic involving sex or romance towards minors are prohibited. Minors are automatically immune due to ToS. Children may not use pheromones, siren songs, or any spell / magic that uses attraction.
- Youth four years old and younger, or the racial equivalent of, may not engage in any form of combat or violence. They are not to engage in such scenes. To bait or use this rule to circumvent consequences is not permitted. Adults attempting to bait is not permitted either.
- Older youths are not prevented from combat and are not invincible. You won’t be able to get away with everything. On the other hand, excessive torture involving children… just don’t. Everyone else is fair game! You also won’t be as skilled as an adult. Play combat realistically. This is a dark RP sim. Combat will happen!
- Children may be harmed, children may start fights but young children under the age of 13 have an HP of 1 while those over the age of 13 have an HP of 2.
Please check the following links regarding LL’s ToS towards Child Avatars: